This is probably the first time ever I am speechless! People say I talk a lot, people say it’s difficult to shut me up but here is today when I am grasping for words, longing to speak out, to paint a bruised picture of my heart in front of you.
What has happened? Why am I so broken tonight? Why am I ‘re-considering’ my trip to Prague where I am chosen an Ambassador of my community? I am 21+ years – old enough to travel alone.
I am scared.
Most probably every other girl or lady in the streets of Penang would be feeling the same or worse.
Why would not we be scared when an innocent lady like us was tied up, beaten, sexually assaulted and robbed and insulted only because she was working alone? Yes! A female real estate agent was tied-up, stripped naked and sexually assaulted by a couple who was ‘surveying’ a condominium with her.
It is no longer safe to work alone let alone travel alone for the females. Women safety and security seems to be number one on the list of crime prevention cases. But we can’t leave our work and sit at homes? Thus, we have to act ‘smart’ about risk, and be safer and securer!
How can SecQ.me help?
For all the female property agents out there, kindly note down the following steps:
- Register a ‘Watch over me event’ with customer detailing, property location and duration of visit prior to meeting any customer.
- If possible, take a picture of the person (for safety reason)
- Keep your cell phone with you throughout the visit tightly.
- If anything happens, ‘shake the phone’ to trigger emergency [a Loud alarm will be triggered and phone camera will auto shoot the video for 5-7 seconds and will be transmitted to the SecQ.me server automatically]
- Your loved one will receive SMS and e-mail will be linked to the tracking page – they will automatically know where you are, who is with you and event details you have registered earlier (Picture, Video, Voice).
With this, I hope that you keep yourself safer, securer and smarter about risk!
REQUEST: Please whoever reading this article spread the word and if you know of any female property agents, kindly advise them to be try SecQ.me for once. (I know this may sound like marketing or promotion of the company But I request try it once – it may save a life!)